Terms and Conditions Of Purchase and Booking
We ask that the following Terms and Conditions of Booking are read carefully so that you know your rights and fully understand the services being offered to you by Full Motion Experience, the business undertaking your Fear Of Flying Course.
It would be a good idea to read these before purchase. For this reason, we have given links to this information from every product page.
These are updated and changed from time to time. We suggest that you check back occasionally if you are concerned about anything that may change written below.
Last Updated – 01/09/2022
The course vouchers are sold under the following conditions:
* From the date of purchase you will have a calendar year to book and complete your course, i.e. 52 weeks from the date of purchase. After this date your course voucher will be considered void.
* Course Vouchers are transferable. If the person originally detailed as “the student” is not the person to complete the experience this is acceptable.
* The value of your course voucher can be upgraded if you so wish. For example, from Fixed Base to Full Motion.
Booking your Experience
After purchase you will receive an e-voucher with a voucher number on it. This voucher number is all that is needed in order to book your experience.
When you are ready to book, please contact us with your voucher number and a range of dates you may be available to undertake the course.
The simulators are popular and we suggest you contact us sooner rather than later to book your experience.
We will then take these dates to our third party simulator providers to check availability and find an agreeable time for the experience that suits them, you and our pilot instructor.
Simulator Experiences will take place at the following locations:
Bookings in the B737 Full Motion Simulator:
Quadrant Systems Ltd, Victoria Gardens, Burgess Hill, RH15 9NB.
Bookings in the B737 Fixed Base Simulator:
Hanger 4 Shoreham Airport, Cecil Pashley Way, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 5FF
Both are a third party and are not responsible for your booking. Please deal directly with Full Motion Experience for any query as they will be undertaking your Fear Of Flying Course.
Refunds/Cancellations and your rights after purchase
* You have 30 days to cancel your course purchase and receive a refund. No reason is needed other than you would like a refund. The refund you receive will be less than the original purchase price as an admin fee of £20 applies.
* After cancellation, your digital voucher will be considered void. We will not be held responsible if the voucher and associated booking number are re-gifted.
* A refund is not available to you after the 30-day money-back period. If for any reason you do not wish to complete the experience, we can offer you any of our products of the same value or the option to re-gift the experience to someone else.
* If you are unable to attend your course on the booked date, we ask for more than 7 days’ notice. If more than 7 days’ notice has been given, we will be able to re-book for another date, although a £20 admin fee is applicable.
* If under 7 days, the third party companies will expect the booking to be honoured. In this circumstance your booking is either considered void OR you have the opportunity to re-gift the experience to someone else.
* Should you not turn up to your experience at all … the voucher is considered void.
Our Expectations for Participation
Anyone partaking in one of our experiences will need to adhere to the following:
* Be 13 years or older.
* If under 18 you must be accompanied by an adult.
* If you are concerned that any health condition may be an issue … it is your responsibility to check with your doctor BEFORE the experience is purchased (to avoid disappointment).
* We ask that you dress in an appropriate manner befitting a professional flight simulator provider. You will be potentially walking through a compound with commercial and military pilots. As such we ask that you dress smart/casual and wear long trousers. Flat shoes are required to operate the simulator without hinderance.
* We ask that you arrive rested and NOT under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
* Food and drink are not acceptable in the simulator. There will be somewhere you can leave any belongings that are not suitable to bring with you onto the simulator.
* We expect you to arrive in good time to complete your experience. Traffic, general lateness, toilet breaks or any other reason that may require us to hinder the start of the experience will not lead to your experience being lengthened. We have hired the simulator on your behalf from a professional training facility and they expect us and you to be ready when they are.
* Should we need to stop the experience for a reason associated with the operation of the simulator itself, we may be able to speak to the provider to allow for further time or another appropriate form of recompense.
* Should it need to be stopped due to the customer (toilet breaks, phone calls, sickness etc.) we will not offer any additional time in the simulator.
The Purchase Price
* The price you have paid will have been the best price we could offer at the time.
* There may be instances where deals are available. We cannot refund any money that has been paid if a cheaper deal is being offered after the date of purchase.
* In order to find out the best prices at any time we suggest that you keep a keen eye on the website.
Bringing Someone With You
If the person taking the course is under the age of 18 we insist on a parent or guardian being present for the entire course.
Should you want to have someone there for support this is acceptable although they will not be considered to be taking the course and it will be solely aimed at the individual that it has been booked for.
If you would like to bring additional people with you to be part of the course this can be arranged for an additional fee. Please let us know how many people and we will invoice a sum of £100 per person in the full motion simulator and £50 per person in the fixed base.
Proof Of Age
Taking Video and Photos
* The training compounds do not allow video or photos to be taken of the outside of the building, the inside of the building and therefore the outside of the simulator.
* You are permitted to take video and photos while inside the simulator.
* Any photos or video are to be for personal use.
* Should you wish to film or take photos for commercial use, we ask that you discuss with us before your booking as there will be a further fee per hour that would need to be paid.
Instructor and Simulator Availability
There may be a situation whereby the instructor OR the simulator are not available for your booking. As we use third party companies we have no control over their schedules, their equipment or their staffing. Even though we provide your instructor, additional staff are necessary.
* Should this happen, we will give as much notice as possible.
* As we expect more than 7 days’ notice from you, we will offer the same.
* Regardless of fault in this instance you will not lose any of the funds you have paid and re-booking will not cost you any additional funds.
* Should we find out there is a problem with the booking less than 7 days before the booking, we will contact you and offer what we consider to be appropriate recompense. This may well come in the form of merchandise or additional time depending on the length of the original booking.
* By purchasing an experience with us you understand that we are not liable for situations out of our control.
* The total of any liability, if we are found at fault will be the price of the course that has been purchased.
Accessibility and Inclusion
As you may have read in our FAQs, the compounds that the simulators are housed in are accessible to wheelchairs and those with motion difficulties.
The simulators, however, are not as in the Full Motion Simulator a large removable staircase needs to be scaled in order to enter the simulator.
The Fixed Base simulator is a tight fit and as such if you are unable to manoeuvre yourself into position without help you may not be able to complete the course.
Participation for people with other disabilities will only be limited by your specific needs. If you need someone to help you, for example, this can be accommodated as guests are allowed.
The cockpit is a tight area though, so we ask you to be as thoughtful as possible when planning your visit. If you feel that without consistent help you may be unable to conduct the experience, we fear it may not be suitable for you.
If you are physically fit enough to take an actual flight you should be fine to access and operate the simulators.
If you are concerned in any way, we would suggest that you speak to us before you purchase the experience.
Contact and Dealing with Problems
We have a chat facility, contact form and, in the event of you purchasing an experience, you will have our email address too.
We of course also have the phone which you can contact us on Mon–Fri, 9am–7pm.
If you need to discuss something with us before your experience we ask you do as soon as you can so that we can help you.
If there has been a problem with your experience, we kindly ask that you discuss it with us as soon as possible so that the matter can be investigated appropriately. We would rather know about any problem and be given the opportunity to fix it rather than hearing about it at a later date.
An Agreement and Contract
This information forms the rules, terms and conditions of undertaking a booking and subsequent experience with Fear Of Flying Course and Full Motion Experience.
Buying a course will automatically mean that you agree and will abide by the information in this document and any accompanying email where appropriate.